ZURICH: Bayern Munich forward Robert Lewandowski was named The Best FIFA Men’s Player 2020 on Thursday (Dec 17), beating off competition from last year’s winner Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Lewandowski, who won the German league and cup double as well as the Champions League with Bayern, finished as top scorer in all three competitions and won the award for the first time. The 32-year-old also led Poland to Euro 2020 qualification and was named the 2019-20 UEFA Men’s Player of the Year in October. “To win such an award and share this title with (previous winners) Messi and Ronaldo, is unbelievable and means so much to me,” Lewandowski said. “I am very proud and happy. This is a great day for me, and also for my club and colleagues. “This award also belongs to my colleagues, the coach and Bayern in general. It is an incredible feeling, a lot of emotions.” Manchester City full back Lucy Bronze won the women's best player award, becoming the first female English player to take the prize. “I don't have the words right now to explain how I'm feeling,” Bronze said. “If there's anything 2020 has taught us to appreciate every moment you've got,… Read full this story
- Luka Modric named FIFA’s best player
- Khalil Mack among Western New York's 'best players who got away'
- The Bale, Messi, Ronaldo and Salah strikes among Puskas Award nominees
- SPORTS BRIEFS: Modric wins world player of year, ends Ronaldo-Messi duology
- Football notebook: TB12 – that’s Tyler Bridge, mind you – propels Wells to a 3-0 start
- Modric wins world player of year, ends Ronaldo-Messi duology
- Mohamed Salah wins FIFA Puskas Award
- Ronaldo sees red, Paul Pogba scores twice, in UEFA Champions League
- Cristiano Ronaldo May Be A Nice Guy. He May Also Be A Rapist.
- How Modric won UEFA Player of the Year ahead of Ronaldo, Salah
Football: Lewandowski beats Messi and Ronaldo to FIFA Best Player Award have 312 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at December 18, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.