REUTERS: Juventus midfielder Weston McKennie was named US Soccer’s male player of the year, the governing body said on Friday (Dec 18) as he closes out his fourth year on the national team. The 22-year-old Texan joined Italian champions Juve in August on a year-long loan from Bundesliga club Schalke 04 and has scored four goals with two assists in 29 appearances for both teams in 2020. “I want to thank everyone for this huge honor. It's been a journey, especially through these difficult times during the (COVID-19) pandemic,” said McKennie, the fourth-youngest player to receive the honour. “Our fans have stuck with us throughout and we really appreciate it. Hopefully in 2021 we can have many more memories together.” A finalist for the prize for a third consecutive year, McKennie received 44 per cent of the votes, with twice-winner Christian Pulisic, who now plays for Chelsea, earning 37 per cent.
- Leicester City's Jamie Vardy named Premier League Player of the Month for October
- The Best Fifa Football Awards 2019 live stream: Watch Player of the Year ceremony online and on TV
- Iranian women allowed to officially attend football games for first time in 40 years
- Illini LB Dele Harding named B1G Defensive Player of the Week
- Vietnam wins ASEAN's player, coach of the year awards
- US men's soccer team express solidarity with women
- Top 50 greatest high school football teams of all-time
- 2017 MaxPreps Junior All-American Football Team
- Virgil van Dijk and Vivianne Miedema named PFA players of the year
- Top 50 unbelievable performances in high school football history
FOotball: Juve's McKennie named US Soccer's male player of the year have 244 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at December 19, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.