The New York Film Critics Circle on Friday voted Kelly Reichardt’s Western fable “First Cow” the best film of 2020, while also giving special honors to Spike Lee and the art-house distributor Kino Lorber for their roles in a movie year deeply marred by the pandemic.Also Read: Get ‘First Day First Show’, our weekly newsletter from the world of cinema, in your inbox. You can subscribe for free hereThe film critics, assembling virtually, gave its top award to “First Cow,” a delicate tale of friendship and capitalism in mid-1800s Oregon Territory. Reichardt’s film, released in theaters in March just days before the onset of COVID-19 forced cinemas to close nationwide, hasn’t been widely seen but remains one of the year’s most critically acclaimed film. also named “First Cow” its No. 1 film. The critics also gave out awards to “Borat Subsequent Movie Film” co-star Maria Bakalova for best supporting actress, and Chadwick Boseman for best supporting actor, for his final performance in the August Wilson adaptation “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom.” Boseman died in August. Best actor went to Delroy Lindo for his performance as a Vietnam War veteran in Spike Lee’s “Da Five Bloods.” Best actress was given to Sidney… Read full this story
- Todd McCarthy: The Best Films Of 2020 So Far Amid The New World Disorder
- RIP Sushant Singh Rajput: From playing MS Dhoni to a bandit in Sonchiriya, here are his 5 best films
- Coming To Netflix In June 2020: All The New Movies, Anime, TV Shows, And Original Series
- Spike Lee talks about racism in US, George Floyd and his film 'Da 5 Bloods'
- My favourite film aged 12: Cruel Intentions
- Julie Walters' best film performances – ranked!
- Martin Scorsese Prepping Docu On New York Dolls Singer David Johansen For Showtime
- Quentin Tarantino: The Social Network is 'hands down' the best film of 2010s
- Venice Film Festival 2016 line-up: will new movies from Michael Fassbender, Natalie Portman and Mel Gibson make Oscar voters swoon?
- Distributor Signature Entertainment On Releasing Woody Allen’s ‘A Rainy Day In New York’ In The UK & North America & Withstanding The Challenge Of Coronavirus
‘First Cow’ named 2020’s best film by New York Film Critics have 344 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 19, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.