CAPE TOWN: England's One-Day International series against South Africa has been postponed amid concerns over the mental and physical health of the players, Cricket South Africa (CSA) and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said in a joint statement on Monday. The anouncement comes after the players were subjected to a number of COVID-19 scares with potentially five cases inside the teams’ bio-secure environment in Cape Town, with one South Africa player and two hotel staff confirmed as positive. Two members of the England tour party also have “unconfirmed positive results” that require further investigation, the ECB said on Sunday. “The decision (to postpone the series) was taken jointly by the two Boards to ensure the mental and physical health and welfare of players from both teams,” the statement added. “The CSA and ECB will now work together to determine when the three-match series, which forms part of the ICC Cricket Men's Super League, can take place in the future.” The 50-over matches had been scheduled to get underway last Friday, with the final game in the series set for Wednesday. The news will be a massive financial blow to embattled Cricket South Africa and also casts doubt on… Read full this story
- Wounded Warriors Toss First Pitch in Boston to Raise Mental Health Awareness
- Whitney: Transgender fear takes shape
- Fear for Barnegat Bay — can it be saved?
- When World Cup fandom turns deadly
- Where do congressional candidates stand on gun control?
- As Jarrett Maupin sought justice for a Phoenix family, he also asked them for cash
- Huge racial disparities persist despite slow infant mortality drop
- FOR THE LOVE OF GRACE: President Obama honors fallen 7-year-old, Grace McDonnell in his emotional speach to announce gun reforms
- World Cup 2014: Cheers, jeers await FIFA boss Sepp Blatter in Brazil
- Violence in hospitals 'rare' but difficult to stop, officials say
England ODI series in South Africa postponed over mental health fears have 305 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at December 7, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.