The editor-in-chief of Chinese government mouthpiece The Global Times enjoyed lunch at the Australian embassy in Beijing on Wednesday as a guest of our ambassador. Australia’s top diplomat in China, Graham Fletcher, invited outspoken Australian critic Hu Xijin to dine with him a few hours before the tabloid decided that ‘China-Australia relations need to improve’. Editor Hu and his paper published a piece recently saying Scott Morrison should ‘slap himself in the face’ after he demanded an apology over a fake image of an Australian soldier tweeted by a Chinese official. Editor of The Global Times, Hu Xijin (pictured), has been one of Australia’s loudest critics in China recently Australia’s ambassador to China, Graham Fletcher (pictured), invited the editor of the Chinese tabloid for lunch at the embassy on Wednesday The Global Times, a mouthpiece for the communist government, recently shared an image depicting the Australian prime minister in a war zone, pointing at a child screaming ‘apologise!’ While Mr Fletcher was tight lipped about the conversation over lunch, Mr Hu took to his personal social media account on Weibo where he gave details to his 24million followers. ‘I was invited to have lunch with the Australian Ambassador to China… Read full this story
- Nikki Haley resigning as U.N. ambassador
- Social News 16/4
- Elizabeth Hurley, 53, recreates iconic safety pin dress -- see her now
- 9 of Prince Harry's sweetest comments on fatherhood
- Did Duchess Meghan give birth? Former royal press secretary says ...
- Just 100 adorable photos of Prince Harry with kids that prove he'll make a great dad
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reportedly want to raise Baby Sussex vegan, and queen is not happy
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are looking for an American nanny: Report
- New Zealand February 2002
Editor of Chinese state newspaper which routinely mocks Australia enjoyed LUNCH at our embassy - here's what he told the ambassador about 'unfriendly' Aussies have 286 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.