Questions are being raised about No10’s decision to put London in a Tier Three lockdown from midnight tonight as official NHS data shows only one trust is busier than last winter and hospitals across the capital are quieter than usual. The Government’s online Covid tracker also reveals the average number of daily deaths in the capital is an eighth of what it was at the peak in April and weekly admissions for the disease are a quarter of the levels seen in spring. Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirmed last night London will move into the strictest lockdown Tier, claiming action had to be taken immediately to prevent the health service from being overwhelmed following a spike in infections in recent weeks. But MailOnline’s analysis of NHS England statistics has revealed that, of the capital’s 18 major hospital trusts, only University College London NHS Foundation Trust is busier than it was in 2019. A total of 3,606 out of 3,848 available beds (93.71 per cent) at the trust were filled in the week up to December 6, according to the most recent publicly-available data. The trust was 89.23 per cent full in the seven days to December 8 in 2019. But London’s… Read full this story
- Just 59 Covid deaths this year among people who weren’t ‘extremely clinically vulnerable’ and double-jabbed
- UK must accept 100 Covid deaths every day, says expert – ahead of Boris’ Winter Plan
- England unlikely to need another winter lockdown after Covid cases fell to lowest level since June, says Prof Lockdown
- Covid deaths back to March levels as 8,000 people battle disease in hospital
- Number of Covid patients in each NHS Trust in England as key cities see sharp rise
- Covid deaths SOAR - October lockdown fears as UK deaths rise by 25% in worrying new charts
- Did the Doherty modelling predict 80 deaths a day and 2,240 deaths a month after six months?
- Covid deaths unlikely to hit 4,000 a day, Whitty concedes
- New lockdown threat if rising Covid deaths force Plan C, warns expert
- UK Covid deaths increase by 30% in one week as 29,547 more cases recorded
Does London REALLY need to be in Tier Three? Only one of the capital's NHS trusts is busier than it was last winter - and just 25 Covid deaths are occurring each day (an EIGHTH of the levels seen in April during the peak of the pandemic) have 333 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 15, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.