The ACTING Customs and Border Protection (CBP) commissioner suggested that the US will see “waves” of illegal immigration under President-elect Joe Biden. Mark Morgan, the acting CBP commissioner, shared his view in a pair of tweets on Tuesday promoting an asylum cooperation agreement that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) signed with El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. “These humanitarian agreements demonstrate the Trump administration’s unwavering efforts to secure America’s borders from illegal entry by working closely with our regional partners,” Morgan tweeted. Morgan added that “without these agreements, we will likely see waves of attempted illegal entries similar to 2019,” seeming to allude to Biden’s upcoming presidency. The CBP commissioner also tweeted: “Our collaborative approach with our partner countries will protect the American homeland from uncontrolled mass migration during a global pandemic while also allowing migrating Central Americans a safe place to seek protection closer to their homes.” According to a DHS press release, more than 71 percent of migrants who were apprehended at the US’s southwest border during fiscal year 2019 came from those three countries and the asylum agreement “confronts illegal migration at the source.” “Under President [Donald] Trump’s leadership, DHS is using every available tool at its disposal… Read full this story
- Rep. Judy Chu Calls U.S.-Mexico Border Wall 'Wasteful, Expensive and Ineffective'
- Axelrod: Biden ‘Didn’t Offer a Solution’ for His ‘Biggest Problem’ at the U.S.-Mexico Border
- Trump’s Mexico border wall contracts CANCELED as funding redirected – but not clear if Biden will end all construction
- Facing a Historic Heat Wave, Migrants at the Border at Greater Risk Than Ever
- Biden on influx of migrants at southern border: 'We've now gotten control'
- 500 Migrants From Mexico Border Being Housed in Chicago, Most Since 2014
- Trump Hits Biden for Not Discussing ‘Out of Control’ Border Crisis — ‘It Will Destroy Our Country’
- Slate Magazine Questions if Joe Biden Wants Kamala Harris to Fail with Border Crisis and Election Takeover Bill Responsibilities
- Salvadoran Anti-Migration President Nayib Bukele Warns Biden: Financing Opposition Is ‘Illegal’
- Biden pressed over crisis at the southern border in his first White House news conference
Biden’s presidency will spur ‘waves’ of illegal immigration to Mexico border, acting US border chief warns have 348 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 31, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.