Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) — Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday put forward a set of proposals for the G20 to stabilize and restore economic growth while containing COVID-19 on an ongoing basis. Xi made the remarks in Beijing when he addressed the G20 Riyadh Summit via video link. Xi spoke of the need to build a global firewall against COVID-19. “We must first put the disease under control at home and, on that basis, strengthen exchanges and cooperation to help countries in need,” Xi said, adding that the G20 should speed up action and support the WHO in mobilizing and consolidating resources and distributing vaccines fairly and efficiently. Xi stressed efforts to ensure the smooth functioning of the global economy. “We need to reduce tariffs and barriers, and explore the liberalization of trade of key medical supplies. We need to further harmonize policies and standards and establish ‘fast tracks’ to facilitate the orderly flow of personnel,” Xi said. Xi said the G20 should harness the role of the digital economy. “We could foster an enabling environment for the development of the digital economy, enhance data security cooperation, strengthen the digital infrastructure, and level the playing field for… Read full this story
- Brian Billick: Sean Payton should give up play-calling duties
- Jeopardy for two White House lawyers as impeachment inquiry zeroes in on them over Donald Trump's Ukraine call being rushed on to secret server after Purple Heart officer 'raised concerns'
- Finally, a breakthrough alternative to growth economics – the doughnut
- Doughnut Economics by Kate Raworth review – forget growth, think survival
- Xi Jinping heads to Africa to clinch China's hold over the continent
- As we ponder TJS epidemic, basic guidelines can’t hurt
- Egypt 'suffering worst economic crisis since 1930s'
- Packers’ McCarthy will ‘miss’ calling plays, but hands over duties
- Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar lead FIFA World XI; Enrique earns coaching honor
- MLB should focus on prevention — not punishment — with Josh Hamilton and others
Xi Focus: Xi calls for G20 efforts on epidemic response, economic recovery have 321 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.