On July 29, 1981, Lady Diana Spencer walked down the aisle of Westminster Abbey, London, leading her wedding dress’ enormous train past 3,500 guests, including nobility, world dignitaries and royalty. Waiting for her at the altar was Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, eldest son and heir to Queen Elizabeth II. Related: Who inherits the British throne? Diana recalled feeling like “the luckiest girl in the world” to be marrying a man whom she loved so much, according to her biographer, Andrew Morton, in his book “Diana: Her True Story in Her Own Words” (Simon and Schuster, 1992). However, the happy day, which according to the BBC was witnessed by more than 750 million live television viewers around the world, masked the now-infamous and tragic reality of the couple’s relationship, marred by infidelity, loneliness and unrequited love. How Charles and Diana metWhen Charles celebrated his 30th birthday in November 1978, speculation about who would be his future wife quickly intensified. In 1977, he had been briefly involved in a relationship with Lady Sarah Spencer (now Lady Sarah McCorquodale), the vivacious eldest daughter of Earl Spencer. But that relationship lasted only a short while and fell apart when Sarah spoke to the press about Charles…. Read full this story
- Have a Fairytale Wedding With This Theme
- Picking Out Your Wedding Gown Train
- Having Your Fairy Tale Wedding
- Tiaras Are Not Just For Weddings
- Test Your Wedding IQ!
- The First Steps to Finding Your Perfect Wedding Tiara
- Make This Day Forever Through Song - The Perfect Wedding Songs For You
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer - Tips
- I do! From pantsuits to gowns you can re-wear, FEMAIL rounds up the best wedding dress trends for fall 2020
- Story of Elvis and Priscilla Presley
The true story behind Princess Diana's fairytale wedding in 'The Crown' have 275 words, post on www.livescience.com at November 17, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.