The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on Wednesday announced new labour reforms for expatriates and foreign workers in the country. Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development’s Labor Reform initiative aims to establish the Kingdom as an attractive job market for expats.Foreigners make up around 10.5 million of Saudi Arabia’s total population of 34.8 millionAccording to the ministry, the reforms will come into effect from March 14, 2021 and will ensure the work environment in the country becomes more efficient.”Saudi Arabia has also introduced similar initiatives, including the Wage Protection System, the digital documentation of work contracts, the Labor Education and Awareness Initiative, and the launch of “Wedy” for the settlement of labour dispute,” said Arab News.As per the new reforms, employees will be asked to maintain contracts of workers digitally so that there is less disparity between expatriates and Saudi workers.The new reforms seek to increase the flexibility, effectiveness, and competitiveness of the labour market and raise its appeal with international practices, and attract top talent, the ministry said.Job mobility for expatsThe reforms intend to allow expatriates the freedom to switch between employers without needing their consent. It also outlines key features of the employment provided conditions of… Read full this story
- China a ‘very important customer’, says Saudi Arabia, as global oil supply worries grow
- Thailand and Saudi Arabia strive to enhance bilateral ties through exchanges of high level visits
- Explained: Why are foes Turkey and Saudi Arabia fixing ties?
- ‘Party Marty’ set to be sent to Saudi Arabia after organising Downing Street lockdown gathering
- Saudi Arabia is planning the largest buildings ever constructed
- Tabung Haji to send 340 haj workers to Saudi Arabia to assist in 2022 haj operations
- Biden's Labor Chief Urges Congress to Import More Foreign Workers
- The slow, dangerous implosion of Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman | Opinion
- Saudi airline hails first flight with all-female crew
- Jailed Saudi Activist Who Rallied for Women to be Allowed to Drive Referred to Terror Court
Saudi Arabia announces labour reforms for foreign workers have 323 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at November 4, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.