By Rahul De’, Kriti Nagori, and Divyansh BenganiCyber crime is growing in India at a rapid pace. In 2019, the official records showed a 64% increase in cyber crime cases, as compared to the previous year. In 2020, owing to the surge in digital activities following from the lockdowns driven by the Covid-19 pandemic, the crime rate increased further, with some estimates at 80% higher than previous years. Both private firms and government departments have moved to shore up security, however, there is no respite from crime. On 9th November 2020, one of the premier e-commerce sites in India, BigBasket, reported the theft of 20 million records of customers from their servers. Cyber crime is affecting individual citizens also. There is widespread fraud and theft through digital means, and the victims are both rural citizens with low cyber literacy, as well as highly trained, urban IT professionals. Victims are tricked into revealing one-time passwords or into scanning quick-response (QR) codes in response to seemingly innocent requests. We set out to investigate why is it that people are so vulnerable to cyber crime and cyber attacks. One hypothesis we formed is that most people are aware of the threats posed by… Read full this story
- GameStop Investigating Potential Website Security Breach
- Bethesda Security Breach Confirms Personal Info Exposed
- Equifax audit uncovers millions more victims of 2017 security breach
- Roll20 and Stronghold Kingdoms Subject to Security Breach
- Judge Dismisses Most Of PSN Security Breach Lawsuit
- PSN Security Breach Was Due to Outdated Software
- Twitch Has Warned Its Users Of A Possible Security Breach.
- Epic Founder Tim Sweeney Denies Epic Games Store Security Breaches
- Possible Twitch Security Breach Reported [UPDATE]
- Twitch Security Breach: Streaming Site Says User Accounts Were Accessed, Resets All Passwords For Safety
Lessons from BigBasket security breach have 278 words, post on ciso.economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 19, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.