Synopsis The conflict in Tigray region has killed hundreds and possibly thousands, sent 30,000 refugees into Sudan and called into question whether Prime Minister Abiy Ahmen, Africa’s youngest leader and last year’s Nobel Peace Prize winner, can hold together the nation together. ADDIS ABABA: U.S. President-elect Joe Biden ‘s foreign policy adviser on Thursday urged an end to fighting and protection for civilians in north Ethiopia , where federal troops are battling rebels in a war rocking the Horn of Africa and sending refugees fleeing. “Deeply concerned about the humanitarian crisis in Ethiopia, reports of targeted ethnic violence, and the risk to regional peace and security,” tweeted Antony Blinken. The conflict in Tigray region has killed hundreds and possibly thousands, sent 30,000 refugees into Sudan and called into question whether Prime Minister Abiy Ahmen, Africa’s youngest leader and last year’s Nobel Peace Prize winner, can hold together the nation together. Ethiopia is a federation of states run by separate ethnic groups, and the war pits the central government against one of the most heavily militarised regions. The northern Tigray People’s Liberation Front ( TPLF ) effectively ruled Ethiopia for decades as the strongest force in a multi-ethnic coalition, until Abiy… Read full this story
- New WWE United States Champion Jeff Hardy Moves To SmackDown Live
- NeverTrump Rallies to Defend Deep State, Dismiss Memo
- How the NFL sells (and profits from) the inextricable link between football and war
- Remembering September 11: 15 years of football and war
- Lawmakers of color expected a culture war from Donald Trump. Just not in sports.
- WWE Week in Review: Royal Rumble fallout, Samoa Joe debuts
- Ranking every MLB team’s greatest All-Star, from No. 1 to No. 30
- The 2017 Lions are up against history and a rugby nation united behind the All Blacks
- New energy surrounding Bronco Mendenhall’s Virginia team ahead of rivalry game
- NFL trade deadline 2016: One trade each team should make
Joe Biden team anxious over escalating war in United States ally Ethiopia have 309 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 19, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.