For every rupee spent by the government on the National Monsoon Mission and High-performance Computing programs of the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), the country would gain economic benefits worth fifty rupees, which is 50 times more benefit on the investment over the next five years period, according to a report by the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER), an independent, not for profit, economic policy research and think tank based in New Delhi.The report was released by the Union Minister of Science and Technology, Health and Family Welfare and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan on Tuesday.The NCAER report refers to economic benefits as direct monetary gains to crop farmers, livestock rearers, and fishermen in the country. According to the report, India’s investment of nearly Rs 1,000 crore in the National Monsoon Mission and High-Performance Computing (HPC) facilities would provide benefits worth Rs 50,000 crore to nearly 1.07 crore below poverty line (BPL) agricultural households and 53 lakh BPL fisher-folk households in the country.NCAER study was based on a face-to-face survey of 6,098 respondents including 3,965 crop farmers, 757 marine fishermen, and 1,376 livestock owners. Along with this, responses from 2 lakh farmers were also collected through interactive voice… Read full this story
- ‘Brexit dividend’ Huge benefits of leaving EU hailed after historic Nissan deal with Japan
- Should You Put Confluent on Your Investing Watch List?
- Google uses MLPerf competition to showcase performance on gigantic version of BERT language model
- Why Tesla and Cloudflare Soared to All-Time Highs Monday
- 2 Dividend-Paying High-Growth Tech Stocks to Buy
- AMD's RX 480 thrashes Nvidia by setting a new bar for budget gaming performance
- AMD Unveils Ryzen 5000G, Boasting Huge Gains Over Intel | Digital Trends
- 'Massively successful' Brexit Britain leaves dithering EU in its dust as investments soar
- Want $100 in Monthly Dividend Income? Invest $15,100 in These High-Yield Stocks
- Miscue Calls Attention to Amazon’s Dominance in Cloud Computing
Investment in Monsoon Mission and High Performance Computing to provide huge benefits: NCAER report have 300 words, post on government.economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 4, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.