Beating the coronavirus must rest on better global coordination and fair distribution of vaccines according the host of the G20 summit, which is taking place this weekend. “When the pandemic happened, each country tried to do its own system of how to deal with it,” the Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Adel al Jubeir, told Sky News.”We are determined to work with our partners in the global community and particularly within the G20 countries, to find a way to provide assistance to the poorer countries so that they are able to avail themselves of the vaccine.”Mr al Jubeir was speaking to Sky News as part of a wide-ranging interview in which he also:Refused to be drawn on whether Joe Biden should be recognised as the US president-electEquated the war in Yemen with the war in Afghanistan in terms of how long it could last.Dismissed allegations of human rights abuses against jailed activists and insisted that the Saudi justice system was fair and independent. Saudi Arabia is the first Arab state to host the yearly meeting of the world’s leading economies, which are taking place virtually this year due to COVID-19. Advertisement The global challenges presented by the pandemic… Read full this story
- Qatar foreign minister says early talks with Saudi Arabia have broken stalemate
- Sweden's foreign minister unrepentant over Saudi flogging row
- What is the G20 summit, and what do world leaders talk about?
- Time, effort needed to address concerns of Muslim countries, says Pakistan on absence from Malaysia summit
- Vietnam shows active contributions to global issues through ASEM meeting
- 'Stand with Hong Kong at G20': Activists call on global leaders to confront China over controversial extradition bill in full-page newspaper ads around the world
- G20 'Have to Deal' With Riyadh, Crown Prince bin Salman - Saudi Royal
- UK will pay huge price for prioritising migration curbs, says Dutch PM
- Saudi Arabia reads the riot act to Imran
- The Latest: Lithuania says UK must say if decision is final
G20 summit: 'Beating coronavirus needs global coordination', Saudi foreign minister says have 329 words, post on news.sky.com at November 21, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.