WE’RE all looking forward to booking our next staycation, but where will you go when you’re free to roam again? Here, two families give insight into their fabulous trips to help you decide whether Edinburgh or the Lake District is more your style. The Lake District FABULOUS Picture Director Alan Gittos, wife Vivienne and kids Sofia, 13, and Thomas, 10, hit Graythwaite Estate for thrills and spills. The pad: Newly refurbished Grassholme is one of several cottages dotted across the 5,000-acre Graythwaite Estate on the unspoilt west bank of Lake Windermere. With two bedrooms, a stunning lakeside balcony and a cosy upstairs lounge with woodburner and water views, it’s a place to escape all year round. The kids adored skimming stones down on the shore, while there is also an indoor pool a short walk away and a shop that can deliver food and drink to your cottage before you arrive.Explore: There’s everything from archery, £20 per person, to paddleboarding, £35, on the estate, so you’ll find it hard to leave. Fancy a real adrenalin kick? Try the off-roading course, scrambling the steep trails in a Land Rover while taking in the majestic scenery, £95 for an hour. Or book… Read full this story
- Escape to the country: Have cities lost their professional pull?
- How America’s dying rust belt town can transform into “smart cities” of the future
- Breaking In to the Boom in Escape Rooms: What Entrepreneurs Need to Know
- Long-awaited Quarry Park Adventures in Rocklin opens this Saturday
- More escape rooms opening in Richmond area; venues require thinking out of the box
- New live-action 'Dora' features a more grown up explorer
- 5 unique eco-adventures in Tibiao, Antique
- LOOK: American boy band In Real Life in LRT-1 adventure
- Vienna: The unexpectedly green city
- Nearly 1 In 4 Feel They'll Never Escape From Significant Debt
Country adventures or city exploring – where will you escape after lockdown? have 297 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 9, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.