Naveen Garg, professor of computer science in IIT Delhi, says that to study algorithmic research, one needs to be extremely good in mathematics and have the natural instinct to solve puzzles and problems. Algorithmic research is a specialised branch of computer science. Garg does not discourage students from taking up the subject, but he points out that they should be aware of the challenges. “Get into this area only if you can enjoy it. We are solving problems here that researchers have been looking at for maybe 100 years, classical problems that still lie unsolved. It involves a lot of discrete mathematics. One needs to have perseverance, but the fruits can be very rewarding,” he says. Discrete mathematics is the study of mathematical structures such as integers and graphs, and one needs to be fluent in it to work in many fields including data science, machine learning, and software engineering. Garg, a recipient of the prestigious SS Bhatnagar award for Mathematical Sciences, says that algorithmic research is the foundation of designing a programme; the sequence of steps to solving a problem. Before a programme is designed, one needs to find out what is the algorithm to use. “For example, if… Read full this story
- What Are the Best Skills You Need After COVID?
- Meet 7 Femtech Companies Innovating In The Area Of Ovarian Health, Breast And Gynecological Cancers
- CrowdStrike Holdings, Inc. (CRWD) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
- CrowdStrike Holdings, Inc. (CRWD) Q2 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
- 44 Profitable Ideas to Make Extra Money on the Side
- How to Hire a Home Services Marketing Agency
- AI Visionary And Leader Dr. Jane Pinelis Of The U.S. Department Of Defense
- The Rise Of AI In The Transportation And Logistics Industry
- The Avaz of an autistic child
- How Indian Gen Z and millennials are shitposting their way into startup & tech corridors
Companies today look for skills in algorithmic design have 296 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at November 2, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.