Video PlayerClose HONG KONG, Nov. 12 (Xinhua) — A spokesperson of the Commissioner’s Office of the Chinese Foreign Ministry in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Thursday reiterated its strong indignation and firm opposition to a few foreign politicians’ denigration of the decision of the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress (NPC) concerning Hong Kong. The spokesperson said that the loyalty of politicians to the country is not unique to China or the HKSAR, but is a recognized international practice that is common to all countries. The NPC Standing Committee’s decision ensures the principle that Hong Kong shall be governed by Hong Kong people with patriots as the mainstay and it is clearly applicable to the basic political ethics of all Legislative Council (LegCo) members. It has nothing to do with the political ideas of LegCo members and does not affect democracy and freedom in Hong Kong in any way. No country would allow people who split the country, subvert the regime and collude with external forces to hold public office. No country will allow parliamentarians to betray their vows and violate the law without bearing the legal consequences. A small number of foreign politicians confused right and… Read full this story
- Chinese Tennis Star Accuses Senior Official of Sexual Assault
- EU chief warns China of "negative consequences" over Hong Kong security law
- Chinese Propagandist Dismisses Taiwan Defense: Biden 'Too Old to Think Clearly'
- Chinese Media on NBA Scandal: 'The Hong Kong Riots Are Just Like 9/11'
- U.S. no longer lists foreign troops on Taiwan as trigger for China conflict
- Nine Chinese engineers among 13 killed in ‘attack’ on bus in northwest Pakistan
- Congress Urges Customs to Block Import of Chinese Slave Labor Goods
- Americans want to boycott Chinese goods and companies like Amazon should help them, Senator Rick Scott says
- Chinese State Media Reacts to Biden Victory With Cautious Optimism
- China warns US of 'game-changing' consequences if it pushes to include Taiwan in the UN
Commissioner's Office of Chinese Foreign Ministry in HKSAR once again warns foreign politicians to stop interference have 320 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.