Prime Minister Scott Morrison has sent his congratulations to Joe Biden after the Democratic claimed victory in the US presidential election. The election was called for Biden by television networks and the Associated Press as he passed a 30,000 vote lead in Pennsylvania, an agonising four days after the polls closed. Mr Morrison took to Twitter on Sunday morning to congratulate Biden and the first ever female vice president Kamala Harris. ‘Congratulations to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris – Australia wishes you every success in office,’ he posted. Joe Biden (pictured with his wife Dr Jill Biden) has claimed victory in the US Presidential election Prime Minister Scott Morrison (pictured) took to Twitter to send his congratulations to Biden ‘The Australia-US Alliance is deep and enduring, and built on shared values. ‘I look forward to working with you closely as we face the world’s many challenges together. ‘We also look forward to working with President-elect Biden and his Administration to continue to fight the COVID-19 global pandemic and recession, to develop a vaccine, drive a global economic recovery, and develop new technologies to reduce global emissions as we practically confront the challenge of climate change.’ Within minutes of Biden’s victory, spontaneous celebrations… Read full this story
- The best Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump anecdotes from the SI Vault
- Donald Trump faces tough January tests
- Boris Johnson rules out a Leave Alliance with Nigel Farage as the PM puts the Tories on an election collision course with the Brexit Party, telling voters: 'The only way to get this thing done is to vote for us'
- Australia's Secret History as a White Utopia
- Boris Johnson's bid for snap election is CRUSHED: Corbyn chickens out of letting public go to the polls as MPs inflict humiliating defeat on PM hours after passing law to stop No Deal
- An impossible dream? Democrats try to connect with Trump voters
- US election 2020: Which Democratic candidate will take on Trump?
- What has President Trump said about your country?
- Week in Wrestling: Bobby Lashley says Trump isn’t racist; Shane Helms on Brady and Ric Flair
- Once eager to tout Trump friendship, Rick Scott now plays it down
‘Australia wishes you every success’: Scott Morrison congratulates Joe Biden on his US election win – as Donald Trump indicates he plans to fight for the presidency have 353 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 7, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.