San Francisco: Apple has extended its deadline for requiring in-app purchases for online group events within iOS apps from December to June 30 next year.The tech giant earlier temporarily waived its customary 30 per cent App Store fee on in-app purchases for paid online events by small businesses on Facebook.The company said on Monday that as the world fights Covid-19, it recognises that adapting experiences from in-person to digital continues to be a top priority.”Although apps are required to offer any paid online group event experiences (one-to-few and one-to-many realtime experiences) through in-app purchase in accordance with App Store Review guideline 3.1.1, we temporarily deferred this requirement with an original deadline of December 2020,” Apple said in a statement.”To allow additional time for developing in-app purchase solutions, this deadline has been extended to June 30, 2021″.Facing flak for App Store’s 30 per cent standard commission for paid app revenue and in-app purchases, Apple last week unveiled a new developer programme that will reduce the charge by half for small businesses that earn up to $1 million in revenue from January 1.Apple said the new “App Store Small Business Programme” will benefit the vast majority of developers who sell digital goods… Read full this story
- 8 Incredible iOS App Store iPhone Apps Worth Their Price
- Tinder Gold takes us nearer to the app’s grim endpoint: robot-style dating
- Apple Card Monthly Installments is launched allowing users to finance a new iPhone at zero percent interest
- Best extended Apple Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals that are still available
- Apple beats expectations with $53.8 billion in revenue last quarter and stocks up 4% - as iPhone sales now account for less than HALF of its earnings
- Apple iPad Air 2 review : Apple's best tablet yet, but is that enough?
- New Apple Mac Pro's price leaves users wide-eyed; can cost $52,000
- Black Friday 2019: The best Apple device deals
- Apple TV Shows Launch Date Revealed
- OmniFocus vs. Things: The Best Mac Task Management App, Compared
Apple extends App Store fee waiver for online events till June 2021 have 317 words, post on telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.