Julia Hollingsworth, CNN Updated 0224 GMT (1024 HKT) October 12, 2020 Morrinsville, New Zealand (CNN)It’s Friday night in the small town of Morrinsville and a handful of locals are waiting at the Golden Kiwi on the main street for a greasy parcel of fish and chips. It wasn’t so long ago that Jacinda Ardern was behind the counter, taking orders at the nautical-themed takeaway joint. Now, the 40-year-old New Zealand Prime Minister is one of the world’s most recognizable leaders. Throughout her three-year term, she’s attracted headlines — for being an unusually young Prime Minister, for giving birth while leading a country, for her empathetic handling of the Christchurch mosque attacks, and lately, for her swift, effective action against the coronavirus pandemic. That’s given her an outsized profile for the leader of a country of 5 million people. She’s graced the covers of Vogue and Time magazine and hosted American TV personality Stephen Colbert at her suburban Auckland home. Last year, she topped a survey of most trustworthy politicians — in Australia. And, as she heads into this year’s New Zealand’s election on October 17, polls put her as one of the country’s most popular leaders ever. The big question… Read full this story
- Cua Van floating fishing village (Viet Nam) listed in 11 insanely beautiful small towns around the world
- Two dead as huge quake rocks New Zealand
- Evacuations planned for quake-hit New Zealand town
- 11 dead in New Zealand hot air balloon crash
- New Zealand: Nominated Starry Night Sky As World Heritage Sites
- Quake kills 65 in New Zealand's 'darkest day'
- Nepal hospitals overflowing, rural towns cut off: Aid groups
- In Fukushima ghost town, a factory on the road to rebirth
- Old traditions still essential to new year feast
- Australia, N. Zealand failing Pacific on climate: Fiji PM
The small-town takeout store worker who won over New Zealand -- and the world have 291 words, post on edition.cnn.com at October 11, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.