It’s Halloween weekend, and with the ongoing pandemic putting a kibosh on the usual large parties and gatherings, it’s the perfect opportunity to order in and binge-watch horror movies. There are plenty of classic films to choose from, but if you’re keen to discover something new, October has been a remarkably good month for solidly entertaining indie horror comedies, along with a handful of films that fall under a rubric I’d call “prestige horror.” And for once there’s not a zombie in sight; we’ve got vampires, werewolves, and mutant monsters running amok instead, along with some really bad hair. (Some mild spoilers below but no major reveals.) Love and Monsters This post-apocalyptic coming-of-age adventure just might be my favorite film this year so far. The premise of Love and Monsters is that humans destroyed an asteroid hurtling toward Earth, only for the chemical fallout to turn all cold-blooded creatures into giant, mutant monsters who see humanity as one big buffet. The catastrophe separates 17-year-old Joel Dawson (Dylan O’Brien) from his girlfriend, Aimee (Jessica Henwick), as well as claiming the lives of his parents. Flash forward seven years, and Joel is living underground with a band of survivors, reduced to cooking… Read full this story
- 'The Mummy': Tom Cruise's monster mash is a graveyard smash
- Us review: Jordan Peele's new horror doesn't quite mirror Get Out
- Us review: Jordan Peele's new horror flick doesn't quite mirror Get Out
- Horror movies got even better in 2018
- A Countdown of My Favorite Horror Movie Cars of All Time
- You can get paid $1,300 to watch 13 Stephen King horror movies. Here's how
- Best horror movies on Netflix
- 2019 horror movies: Are you ready to scream?
- New Hellboy movie for 2019 is one hell of a mess, and one hell of a ride
- 's Director Wanted the Film to Feel Like the Best Part of Horror Movies
Monster Mash: These are the best new horror movies to binge this Halloween have 309 words, post on arstechnica.com at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.