When we think of birthday parties, we might imagine bright coloured streamers, cake and lots of fun and games. But when one man arrived at a celebration to mark his 33rd year of living, this was not what greeted him. Instead Eli McCann found himself walking into his very own funeral. His boyfriend Skylar Westerdahl (who is now his husband) had come up with the quirky idea to throw him a funeral because he felt that people shouldn’t have to die in order for their friends to say why they loved them. Skylar decorated a friend’s house for the occasion, creating a fake casket made out of an ironing board and pillows. He also hung up photos of Eli around the place and arranged for all of the guests to dress in black. To make things even more realistic, Skylar also instructed people to ignore Eli during the ‘funeral’ as if he were actually dead. This left Eli to pretend he was a ghost, secretly watching over the proceedings. The lawyer, who lives in Salt Lake City, Utah, said that his partner’s creativity left him “speechless”. Speaking to MirrorOnline, he recalled the bizarre day in 2017, saying: “He told me… Read full this story
- The Kid Laroi throws a surprise 18th birthday party for his girlfriend Katarina Deme as she dances the night away in Los Angeles
- Dad squeezes into Spider-Man costume to surprise son on birthday
- Inside Ryan Thomas and Lucy Mecklenburgh's star-studded party for son Roman
- 'I found out my boyfriend was cheating hours after giving birth to our newborn'
- Fiona Falkiner and fiancée Hayley Willis share intimate family photos as they celebrate son Hunter's first birthday
- Kanye West caught on camera SMILING at family party after he drops out of Coachella and disappears from Instagram
- Harry urged not to leave UK just yet with poignant plea to stay for Queen's birthday
- Inside Perrie Edwards' rise to fame - from her boyfriend to net worth, age and stomach scar
- He Was Accused Of Sexual Assault By A Woman Whose Boyfriend Later Admitted Lying. He Just Won A $5.3M Settlement. | The Daily Wire
- Real Housewives Of New Jersey: Teresa Giudice storms away angry over questions about her boyfriend
Man arrives at his birthday party to find boyfriend has thrown surprise funeral for him have 363 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at October 22, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.