Police were searching for the shooters after shots were fired at the Stockholm shopping mall on Wednesday, with authorities treating the incident as a possible robbery. “There is an attempted aggravated robbery in the Kista mall,” the Reuters news agency quoted a police spokesman as saying. “We have located the victim who is not physically injured.” The mall, located in the Stockholm suburb of Kista, was evacuated and exits were sealed off by the police, according to Aftonbladet. Read more: ’Laser man’ John Ausonius receives life sentence in Frankfurt The mass circulation newspaper said two of the alleged robbers could be seen on security footage, running away from the scene. Police reportedly deployed helicopters and sniffer dogs in their search. The two had entered a gold shop and held up the owner, but the owner manged to activate the alarm, Swedish public broadcaster Sveriges Television reported citing a witness from the scene. dj/msh (Reuters) Every evening, DW sends out a selection of the day’s news and features. Sign up here.
- Robots help upgrade shopping malls
- Shops, malls in Haryana open this weekend but closed on Monday, Tuesday
- The slow return of the high street: Official footfall figures show town centres are rebounding more slowly than shopping malls and more than one in 10 workers is STILL on furlough leave
- No pandemic pause for IKEA's U.S. shopping mall plan
- Ivan the Gorilla: Ape captured in wild as baby lived in US shopping mall for 27 years
- Shopping malls now wait for customers to return
- Now, Haryana rolls back decision to shut shops, malls on Monday & Tuesday
- Haryana malls, shops to remain open on all days
- Terror in Nairobi: the full story behind al-Shabaab's mall attack
- Prosecution initiated against female suspect in deaths of 7
Gunfire reported at Swedish shopping mall in suspected robbery have 292 words, post on www.dw.com at October 6, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.