WILMINGTON, North Carolina: Democrat Joe Biden reiterated on Wednesday (Oct 28) he will tackle the COVID-19 pandemic from Day 1 if elected president but warned there is no magic “switch” to end the pandemic, as Donald Trump insisted he will still win easily and dismissed his opponent as a Covid alarmist. Less than a week before decision day, Biden cast his presidential ballot in his home state of Delaware and met with health experts, as he fine-tuned his pandemic response plan, seeking to reassure voters that he would use science to fight the contagion. “Even if I win it’s going to take a lot of hard work to end this pandemic,” the former vice president said in Wilmington. “I’m not running on a false promise of being able to end this pandemic by flipping a switch,” he added. “But what I can promise you is this: We’ll start on Day 1 by doing the right thing. We’ll let science guide our decisions.” Biden, 77, continues to campaign cautiously ahead of next Tuesday, holding low-key events with small, socially distanced crowds that look nothing like the traditional scene in the closing days of a White House race. READ: Democratic US presidential nominee Biden… Read full this story
- News Daily: SNP manifesto launch and Trump invited to 'stop complaining'
- Even Trump Can’t Stop Mocking Sean Hannity’s ‘Dumb’ Softball Questions
- Biden accuses Trump of 'clear-cut corruption' for asking Ukraine's president EIGHT TIMES to investigate his son Hunter, as former VP calls for 'immediate release of call transcript' between the two leaders
- In western Iowa, some voters are taking a look at Biden, but aren’t ready to buy
- Joe Biden Is Fighting Complacency As 2020 Front-Runner
- Biden defends comments on segregationist Democrats after criticism from 2020 challengers
- Nunes defiant as Giuliani associate connects him with Biden dirt
- President Trump breaks out 2016 playbook in 2020 campaign kickoff
- What Was Joe Biden Thinking?
- Joe Biden kicks off 2020 campaign with first rally in Pittsburgh
Biden says halting COVID-19 will take hard work, as Trump stumps non-stop have 319 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.