GENEVA: The United Nations human rights chief said on Monday (Sep 14) she was discussing a possible visit to China’s Xinjiang region with Chinese authorities who are facing growing backlash over its treatment of ethnic Uighurs there. “My Office continues to engage with the Chinese Government on the situation in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region and the impact on human rights of its policies,” UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet told a council meeting in Geneva. She also said she was encouraging Hong Kong authorities to monitor closely the enforcement of the national security law and to take steps to review it in response to any possible negative consequences.
- China's Battle for African Uranium
- India-China -Russia Troika: Is It Possible?
- Your Guide to Importing From China
- A Visit to Shanghai China - Part One
- Assignments To China & India
- Thinking Of Travel To China?
- Travel To Gansu - China
- China Races for Energy Security to Keep Pace with GDP Growth, Part One
- Investing in China's Energy Security Crisis, Part One
- Traveling and Touring China in Style - Luxury China Tours
UN rights chief discussing visit to Xinjiang with China have 175 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.