Even if you'd been living under a rock you've probably heard someone mention the band BTS. The South Korean group has risen up through the ranks of K-Pop – a Korean musical blood sport – since 2013. From very humble beginnings indeed, they've risen from pimply youngsters with a dream into a 7-member powerhouse in the world's pop industry. How big? Whilst there's been 'Beatlemania', the stand-out genius of Michael Jackson, the YouTube-upstart Justin Bieber and the half-century run of The Rolling Stones, there's never been anything quite like BTS. Everything about their rise to the top has broken the mould of pop music culture. Forgetting the thousands of 'western' pop hits to make it to the top of the Billboard Top 100, BTS boasts the most non-English-language top 10s at four, two more so far than their fellow South Korean, Psy. The last Asian performer to have a #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart was in 1963… ' Sukiyaki ', sung by Kyu Sakamoto. Even Psy's phenomenal hit 'Gangnam Style' only reached #2 in the Hot 100. Their latest retro summer bop 'Dynamite' has already been #1 for 2 weeks in a row (as of September 13) and… Read full this story
- BTS: Love Yourself: Tear review – K-pop's biggest band keep ploughing on
- BTS Close U.S. Tour With Jubilant Show at New York’s Citi Field
- BTS Fans Call Out Grammys For Snubbing K-Pop Group With Latest Award Nominations
- Grammys 2020 Nominations Snubs: Fans React as BTS, Taylor Swift, Halsey Miss Out
- BTS supporters upset by Grammy shutout
- BTS won't get an exemption from military service authorities confirm
- BTS tops Billboard 100 list: How K-pop helped Korea improve its economy
- K-pop locomotive BTS announces break from performing
- 5 key pop culture records BTS has broken
- A Guide to BTS, and 7 Other Korean Boy Bands Making Waves in the U.S.
How BTS became the biggest band in the world have 312 words, post on thethaiger.com at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.