On my first post-lockdown visit to my 78-year-old mother who lives alone in Salisbury, I found her visibly upset. It soon emerged that she had asked a plumbing company called Rightio to replace a ballcock in her toilet and it later charged her £329. It also appeared to have signed her up to some kind of care plan costing £9.50 a month. Rightio is a national firm that appears to subcontract local plumbers. She says that prior to the plumber arriving, Rightio took her debit card details, including her CVC number. She says when the plumber arrived at about 4pm, he didn’t offer a quote, nor did he explain what he had to do. At 4.45pm he had to “pop out for a bit” and returned at 5.30pm to finish the job. When he left at about 6pm he didn’t leave an invoice. Two days later, mum’s bank statement showed the charge. She phoned Rightio and staff said it was for three hours’ work, plus parts, the amount was correct and that “there was nothing else she could do”. I’ve emailed the company three times but received no reply. My mum has little money and feels that she’s been taken… Read full this story
- Brave New World of Online Invoicing has Been a Success, Experts Say
- Brave New World of Online Invoicing a Success, Experts Say
- Welsh Tory MP Christopher Davies admits submitting false expense invoices
- At Catalan separatist trial, a tale of scared officials and unpaid invoices
- ‘Urgent Invoice’: How to spot malicious emails
- Brecon and Radnor Tory MP Christopher Davies charged with falsifying expense claims
- Brecon and Radnorshire Tory MP Christopher Davies charged with falsifying expense claims
- Norwegian to deploy Dreamliner jet to support hundreds of stranded passengers as airlines ground Boeing 787 Max 8
- Police chief and friend 'raped girl hundreds of times over 7 years'
- Empire actor Jussie Smollett turns himself in to face charge
A plumber charged hundreds without a quote or invoice have 320 words, post on www.theguardian.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.