WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — Who is Kamala Harris? We’re delving into her politics, her disagreements with Joe Biden and what’s important now for the Biden/Harris ticket. Joe Biden Selects Sen. Kamala Harris As Vice President, Running Mate The barriers broken by Sen. Harris began in San Francisco. In 2003, she became the first woman of color elected as district attorney for the city. The daughter of immigrants from Jamaica and India, Harris then earned the same distinction, serving as California’s attorney general from 2011 to 2017. Joe Biden celebrated her time as AG as part of the tweet announcing Harris as his running mate, referencing his son. He said “she worked closely with Beau. I watched as they took on the big banks.” “I think the hope of the Biden campaign is certainly that it brings new voters and again enthusiasm among some voters, said Kelly Dittmar, scholar and Director of Research at the Center for American Women in Politics at Rutgers University. “She is also the second black woman to ever be elected to the U.S. Senate.” Elected to the Senate in 2017, Harris serves on four committees, where her prosecutorial experience has been put on display. She launched… Read full this story
- Kamala Harris campaign aides complain of 'internal strife,' are 'deep into finger-pointing'
- How Bad Might Impeachment Be for Joe Biden’s Prospects?
- Candace Owens at CPAC: Kamala Harris Thinks 'Black People Are Stupid,' Can Appeal to Them With Pot and Hip-Hop
- 2020 presidential candidate Kamala Harris slams conversation about being Biden's running mate
- Kamala Harris Has Breakout Moment of 2020 Campaign, While Joe Biden Is Big Loser of Democratic Debate
- 2020 betting odds: Joe Biden new Democratic frontrunner, Kamala Harris and Beto O'Rourke nosedive
- Democratic Debate Night 2 Review: Joe Biden Takes A Beating But Keeps On Tickin’, Kamala Harris Comes Out Swinging On NBC Stage
- Sen. Kamala Harris questions whether America would elect a woman of color as president
- Exclusive: Kamala Harris picks up major union endorsement
- 'Donald Trump's Twitter Should Be Suspended'- Democratic Nominee Kamala Harris
Who Is Kamala Harris? Joe Biden’s Vice President Pick ‘Not A Slam Dunk,’ Expert Says have 334 words, post on philadelphia.cbslocal.com at August 11, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.