Chaotic scenes broke out at Heathrow’s border gates today as hundreds of passengers were crammed into queues after just three officers were left to check passports. The travellers, many with young families, even chanted ‘we want more staff’ as the lines in the ‘poorly ventilated’ room stretched for at least an hour. Heathrow Airport branded the situation ‘totally unacceptable’, but left were powerless because the gates are controlled by UK Border Force. Natalie Crane, 32, from Surrey, had arrived back from a holiday to Majorca with her husband, mother, and three young children when she was faced with a two-hour delay. Chaotic scenes broke out at Heathrow’s border gates today as hundreds of passengers were crammed into queues after just three officers were left to check passports She said: ‘We queued with about 500 or 600 people; there was no social distancing, no ventilation – it would have been impossible to socially distance that many people in the room. It was just barbaric. While the central London airport’s self service E-gates were operating, Natalie and dozens of other parents couldn’t use them because of age restrictions on children, and had to see a border officer. ‘After a while we found out… Read full this story
- 'I started checking for signs of life, I stopped counting after 24': Doctor who tried to save migrants in the hold of a sinking wooden boat sailing to Europe reveals macabre sight as more than 50 died
- First pictures of haulage boss and his wife arrested on 39 counts of manslaughter over Essex death truck tragedy as police arrest fourth man, 48, from Northern Ireland at Stansted Airport
- Airport Tyrant Syndrome: Power-mad officials who treat ‘powerless’ passengers with contempt
- The French are remodelling the Paris Eurostar station to deal with Brexit queues
- Thousands of airline passengers stranded by blizzards, power cuts at terminals, widespread road closures, pileups on icy roads and 'historic' storms cause Thanksgiving getaway CHAOS for millions
- Destructive tsunami waves hit New Zealand's South Island after a 7.8 magnitude earthquake strikes killing two people - as LOOTERS prey on vulnerable residents forced to leave their homes
- Trump says 'maybe people will get tired of me – who knows?' as he DOWNPLAYS a third-party run and backs 'merit system' to determine which illegal immigrants can stay
- Fury at preening Tory saboteurs: Angry backlash against Brexiteer plotters bidding to bring down Theresa May as moderate MPs warn a coup will destroy the government, damage the economy and jeopardise Brexit altogether
- May holds emergency Cabinet meeting ahead of more Brexit talks with Labour tomorrow - amid Brexiteer fury at Hammond's suggestion of a 'perfectly credible' second referendum
- 'What you hear about Chinese people in France feeling scared – it’s true'
'We want more staff': Fury at Heathrow as hundreds of chanting passengers are forced to pack into huge queues with no social distancing at border control manned by just three people checking passports by hand have 441 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.