The United States has lifted the highest level of its global health travel advisory for Americans due to the coronavirus pandemic and restored the previous country-specific system without changing the status of over 50 countries, including that of India and China. IMAGE: Air hostess wearing face masks at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata. Photograph: ANI Photo The US state department issued the Level 4: Do Not Travel advisory — the highest level of travel advisory — on March 19, urging American citizens not to travel overseas due to the coronavirus pandemic. India remains on the Level 4 of the travel advisory along with more than 50 countries, including China.This means that the US urges its citizens not to travel to India due to the increasing coronavirus cases. The state department, in its latest travel advisory on India issued on Thursday, said: “Do not travel to India due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution in India due to crime and terrorism”. The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a Level 3 (avoid non-essential travel) Travel Health Notice for India due to COVID-19, it said. Travellers to India may experience border closures, airport closures, travel prohibitions, stay at… Read full this story
- One Rape Incident Can’t Define India, Same Applies to China: Chinese Consul General Amid Hong Kong Unrest
- Robert Schellenberg case: China accuses Canada of 'double standards'
- As tension escalates along LoC, China urges restraint
- 445 Bangladeshi nationals returned from India in last 2 months: BGB chief
- India-US strategic partnership witnesses rapid growth in 2019
- China: Social Credit System Has ‘Restored Morality’ by Blacklisting over 13 Million People
- India set to become fourth largest economy in 2026
- Amit Shah visits ITBP headquarters in Delhi; reviews ops preparedness along China border
- Protests Against India's Citizenship Law Enter 18th Day With No Signs of Abating
- 110122: India balancing relations with Israel and Hamas
US lifts global travel alert, urges citizens not to visit India, China have 297 words, post on www.rediff.com at August 7, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.