Video PlayerClose by Cesar Marino Garcia, Gao Chunyu BOGOTA, Aug. 9 (Xinhua) — For the welfare of the global community, it is important for the United States and China to explore means of cooperation that will help them restore relations at all levels, said Colombian business leaders and academics. Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi has recently affirmed that China rejects any attempt to create a so-called “new Cold War,” said Professor David Castrillon of Externado University in Colombia’s capital Bogota. “Wang Yi emphasized that, saying China is willing to restart mechanisms for dialogue with the United States at any level, in any area and at any time. And that is precisely what the Chinese government has done,” said Castrillon, who specializes in U.S. and Chinese affairs. In trade, for example, China has moved to address Washington’s concerns, said Castrillon. “In light of Washington’s trade concerns, China put into effect at the beginning of 2020 a new Foreign Investment Law that gives foreign companies greater access to the Chinese market, and offers greater guarantees in intellectual property protection,” he said. Given Beijing’s willingness to cooperate, Castrillon believed the U.S. administration’s disputes had less to do with policy than… Read full this story
- Conflict in South China Sea will have 'serious' global consequences, says US at UNSC debate on maritime security
- Maritime security issue needs global solution: Prime Minister
- China's recent rape scandals are a #MeToo victory, activists say — even if the government won't admit it
- Investors lose $1 trillion in China’s wild week of market shocks
- U.S. and China agree to cooperate to "tackle the climate crisis"
- Lebanese companies see opportunity in China-Arab States Expo
- China blames US over Afghanistan, but says will work with it
- Why China's climate policy matters to us all
- West 'Reaping the Whirlwind' for Policy of Kow-Towing to China: IDS
- How China is controlling the COVID origins narrative — silencing critics and locking up dissenters
U.S.-China cooperation essential to global welfare, say Colombian observers have 318 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.