The RDIF CEO’s announcement comes following a statement from the president of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, that he was counting on Russia sending free COVID-19 vaccines to the country. “The Philippines is one of Russia’s important partner countries in the vaccine against coronavirus, and the RDIF is ready to conduct clinical trials in the Philippines in August,” Dmitriev said. According to CNN Philippines, which broadcast the president’s speech on the latest COVID-19 update in the country, Duterte said that he would soon speak with Russian President Vladimir Putin to discuss vaccine distribution and clinical trials in the country. According to the Philippine newspaper Inquirer, Duterte expressed his readiness to be the first to test a Russian vaccine against COVID-19. Russia’s first COVID-19 vaccine has been developed jointly by the Gamaleya Research Institute and the Russian Defence Ministry. Clinical trials of the vaccine began on 18 June at two institutions — the Burdenko Main Military Clinical Hospital and the Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University — and included 38 volunteers. All of the participants developed an immunity. The first group was discharged on 15 July, the second group on 20 July. Filipino health authorities have registered over 136,000 COVID-19 infections and… Read full this story
- Public Health Experts Urge Caution on China’s COVID-19 Vaccines
- South African President Urges Wealthy Nations Not to Hoard COVID-19 Vaccines
- AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine will not be recommended for over-65s in France or Sweden as countries follow Germany’s lead
- Analysis: My Covid-19 vaccine trial experience remains vital as vaccination rates are lagging
- 16 COVID-19 vaccines undergoing trials says China
- If your loved one is hesitant to get the Covid-19 vaccine, share this
- Vietnam licences Astra Zeneca COVID-19 vaccine
- Fact check: Are COVID-19 vaccines causing deaths?
- Astra Zeneca COVID-19 vaccine licensed in Vietnam
- Experts split on delaying Covid-19 vaccine second doses. Here's why
RDIF Ready to Conduct Clinical Trials of COVID-19 Vaccine in Philippines in August, CEO Says have 297 words, post on sputniknews.com at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.