MADELEINE McCann suspect Christian B’s hopes of an early release have been dashed by a European court, it has been reported. German investigators believe the 43-year-old killed the British toddler after abducting her from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007. ⚠️ Click here for the latest news on Madeleine McCann He is serving a prison sentence in Germany for drug trafficking and is appealing against a conviction for the 2005 rape of a 72-year-old American woman in the same Portuguese resort, for which he was sentenced to seven years in jail. The case, at the European Court of Justice (ECJ) in Luxembourg, hinges on a legal point relating to his extradition to Germany from Portugal and later Italy. There was confusion this morning when Reuters reported the sex offender could be freed within days because the European arrest warrant issued cited the drugs conviction but not the rape charge.However, this preliminary opinion by Advocate General Michal Bobek is not binding and the rest of the court sided with German prosecutors, Press Association reports. According to court documents, Christian B was extradited from Portugal for sexually abusing a minor in June 2017, then travelled to the Netherlands and… Read full this story
- Joe Biden says he KNEW the FBI wanted to investigate Mike Flynn over Russia but knew nothing about his prosecution as Donald Trump ramps up claims of 'Obamagate' - which former VP calls a 'diversion'
- A Shooting on a Tribal Land Uncovers Feds Running Wild
- Documents Show That Ukrainian Prosecutors Wanted To Charge Paul Manafort With Corruption — Before They Were Fired
- Ukrainian Prosecutors Drafted Documents To Charge Paul Manafort With Corruption. Then The Case Disappeared.
- Documents raised questions about FBI handling of Michael Flynn case
- The Epic Fail of Hollywood’s Hottest Algorithm
- Brock Pierce: The Hippie King of Cryptocurrency
- Coronavirus live updates: DMV offices in several Bay Area cities to reopen Friday
- Coronavirus live updates: State guidelines for counties to reopen businesses include no deaths for 2 weeks
- Coronavirus live updates: State issues guidelines for counties to reopen businesses
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B’s hopes of early release could be dashed after rape probe court ruling have 334 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.