AI will help prime journalists to their true task, elevating the quality of reporting and content creation The impressive technological feats gracing today’s world have somehow not found their way into the world of journalism yet – or at least, they have yet to weave such far-reaching changes as they do in other industries. However, transformation is on its way with many of the world’s leading news agencies going beyond the baseline standard technology of spell checkers and photo editors and dipping their toes into AI and big data solutions. Most newsrooms now use software (developed for their use or even freely accessible) to transcribe long audio and video interviews into text, and larger agencies like AFP even have trained AI to detect doctored photos. Taking it a step further, the Washington Post’s Heliograf has been used to issue alerts of unexpected developments in election results for reporters to follow up on while Bloomberg’s Cyborg can write up stories covering the most important facts and figures of financial reports. AI has in fact been used – rather successfully – to actually write stories. True, there have been cases where it was a spectacular swing and a miss involving hilarious and… Read full this story
- Why we should use caution when reporting on AI in medicine
- MindArk Cultivating Online Immortality in Entropia Universe Through Advanced AI Research
- Nvidia, Scripps Research partner to advance AI for disease prediction
- That Advanced AI In
- Facebook Marketplace Introduces AI Technology and Celebrates 2nd Anniversary
- Hyundai developing injury-diagnosing AI technology
- ‘AI’: A new era of trust and technology?- VMware EMEA Blog
- Elon Musk Promises K.I.T.T. Like AI Assistant In Teslas
- AI Could Dramatically Increase Risk of Nuclear War by 2040, Says New Report
- As Google AI researcher accused of harassment, female data scientists speak of 'broken system'
Liberating reporters via advanced AI technology have 297 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 24, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.