Ghislaine Maxwell has won a legal fight to keep secret ‘highly intrusive’ documents about her sex life – just hours before they were due to be released. The British socialite, 58, argued it could destroy her chances of a fair trial against charges she facilitated the late financier Jeffrey Epstein’s sexual abuse of girls. Maxwell’s deposition had been taken in April 2016 for a now-settled civil defamation lawsuit against her by Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who had accused Epstein of having kept her as a ‘sex slave’ with Maxwell’s assistance. Maxwell made last ditch scrambles on Thursday urging the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to keep the deposition about her sex life sealed. Her lawyer argued that the potentially embarrassing details could make it ‘difficult if not impossible’ to find an impartial jury, out of the public eye. The appeals court delayed the release of the dossiers until at least September 22 when Maxwell’s appeal will be heard on an expedited basis. Ghislaine Maxwell appears via video link during her arraignment hearing where she was denied bail for her role aiding Jeffrey Epstein to recruit and eventually abuse of minor girls, in Manhattan Federal Court, in the Manhattan borough of New York City,… Read full this story
- Nintendo Switch games list, 2017 release dates and everything we know about the hardware
- Nintendo Switch games list, 2017 release dates and every Switch game released so far
- India's long wait for justice: 27m court cases trapped in legal logjam
- Analysis: Can West And Zampella Win?
- Portal 2 releases – Unreview, uninterview, unstudiovisit Portal 2 Q&A with Erik Wolpaw and Josh Weier
- PODCAST The World's Smartest End Table, Smoking Your Phone, Document Standards Gone Wild
- Legal online gambling is returning to the U.S., if Monster plays its cards right
- OPINION BlackBerry and Surface 2: The Fight to Reclaim Past Glory
- Life in a Linux-less World
- Why are Apple and Samsung throwing down? A timeline of the biggest fight in tech
Ghislaine Maxwell wins legal fight to keep 'highly intrusive' documents about her sex life sealed just hours before they were due to be released have 317 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.