It was no routine shot in the arm. Last week university professor Gary Stradiotto became one of 30,000 volunteers helping to test a vaccine in the world’s biggest COVID-19 study. Stradiotto, 52, an adjunct professor of Political Science at the University of San Diego, volunteered for the final phase of the Moderna study and received his first 100mg of the experimental mRNA-1273 vaccine dose on Thursday. He’s due to get a second and final injection on August 26. Moderna’s vaccine is one of several promising candidates in the final stretch of the global vaccine race, as the US tops more than 155,000 deaths and surpasses 4.6 million reported cases of the virus, according to government figures. Stradiotto said he decided to volunteer in the study because he doesn’t ‘see another way out of this pandemic other than to have an effective vaccine or a treatment.’ He admitted he was nervous as an EMT stood by in case of any medical emergencies and reported a short-lived ache in his arm where he was injected with the vaccine. Still, Stradiotto said he’s happy he went through with the shot and hasn’t had any adverse side effects since. San Diego university professor Gary Stradiotto is… Read full this story
- Killer of Spanish eight-year-old: “I just wanted him to shut up”
- How to save lives from deadly nerve agents
- England win the Cricket World Cup – live reaction
- UK stabbings: 100 lives lost in 2019
- Hull Live: Breaking news from Hull and East Yorkshire on May 24
- French Open live: Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal – latest updates
- Meet the millennial women with arthritis
- Meet the everyday Hull heroes nominated for Heart Awards
- These are the celebrities who have passed away this year so far
- Which celebrities have passed away so far this year?
EXCLUSIVE: Meet the 52-year-old professor who volunteered to test Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and tells how despite being nervous about shot and experiencing a short-lived ache in his arm, he's had no adverse side effects have 290 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.