Dr. Anthony Fauci said that he had serious doubts that the Russian-made COVID-19 vaccine, touted by Russian President Vladmir Putin on Tuesday, was safe and effective. The Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases spoke with National Geographic in a virtual panel discussion when he expressed his concerns. ‘I hope that the Russians have actually, definitively proven that the vaccine is safe and effective,’ Fauci said. ‘I seriously doubt that they’ve done that.’ Dr. Anthony Fauci expressed concern about whether Russia’s COVID-19 vaccine was proven to be ‘safe and effective’ He continued: ‘Having a vaccine, Deborah, and proving that a vaccine is safe and effective are two different things.’ Putin said on Tuesday that Russia had become the first country in the world to grant regulatory approval to a COVID-19 vaccine after less than two months of human testing, a move hailed by Moscow as evidence of its scientific prowess. The development paves the way for the mass inoculation of the Russian population, even as the final stage of clinical trials to test safety and efficacy continue. Putin said on Tuesday that Russia had become the first country in the world to grant regulatory approval to a… Read full this story
- Ex-Guantanamo Bay prisoner says ‘what threat will she be?’ as he defends ISIS bride wanting to return to UK from Syria
- Keeping The Faith: With Missionary Work Banned, Mormons In Russia 'Just Making Friends'
- Fear And Loathing In Russia's Dying 'Las Vegas'
- Tories must remain united on Brexit or the EU will get exactly what they want
- Amazon unlikely to take hit from Jeff Bezos controversy, say experts
- Washington state measles outbreak fueled by region's lax vaccination laws
- Thousands did not receive full HPV vaccine
- Facebook blasted for kids missing life-saving vaccines – by spreading ‘fake news’
- Social media 'fuels parents' vaccine fears'
- Vaccine numbers down as flu affects 1,000
Dr. Fauci says he 'seriously doubts' that Russia's COVID-19 vaccine is 'safe and effective' as he claims the U.S. could have its own out by NEXT WEEK if it wanted to 'take the chance' have 306 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.