The foreign ministers of China and Pakistan held their 2nd annual strategic dialogue on Friday during which they discussed ways to enhance their all-weather bilateral ties, the Kashmir issue, progress on the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor and the Afghan peace process. Billed as “highly relevant” and “very important” by both the countries ahead of the meeting held in the southern Chinese island resort of Hainan, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mahmood Qureshi discussed a host of bilateral, regional and international issues. A joint statement issued at the end of the meeting said that “both sides underlined that a peaceful, stable, cooperative and prosperous South Asia was in common interest of all parties. Parties need to settle disputes and issues in the region through dialogue on the basis of equality and mutual respect”. “The Pakistani side briefed the Chinese side on the situation in Jammu & Kashmir, including its concerns, position and current urgent issues”, it said. “The Chinese side reiterated that the Kashmir issue is a dispute left over from history between India and Pakistan, which is an objective fact, and that the dispute should be resolved peacefully and properly through the UN Charter, relevant Security… Read full this story
- US urges China to refrain from unilateral action on Taiwan
- China says it will not 'bully the small' amid disputes in South China Sea
- China says Taiwan's President was 'playing with fire in public' by declaring she has 'faith' US will defend the island
- Biden-Xi meeting yielded no major breakthroughs. But Beijing has already claimed victory
- Music, mistrust and a maestro's love for Kashmir
- India condemns raising bilateral issues at Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
- When India and China meet
- Worldview with Suhasini Haidar | RIC meeting amidst India-China tensions
- China’s Leader Wants a ‘Lovable’ Country. That Doesn’t Mean He’s Making Nice.
- Hope Pakistan Will Realise Folly of Its Actions: India on Airspace Denial to PM Modi
China Says It 'Opposes Unilateral Actions' that Complicate Kashmir Issue in Strategic Meet with Pakistan have 313 words, post on www.news18.com at August 21, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.