(For a live blog on European stocks, type LIVE/ in an Eikon news window) * British Airways owner slides on planned equity raise * LSE jumps on profit rise, considering selling Milan bourse * BT down on bleak outlook, IAG drops on plans to raise $3.3 bln * FTSE 100 down 1.5%, FTSE 250 off 0.5 * FTSE marks first monthly loss in four (Updates to close) By Sagarika Jaisinghani and Susan Mathew July 31 (Reuters) – London’s FTSE 100 erased session gains to end at 10-week lows on Friday after Britain postponed the easing of a coronavirus-induced lockdown as cases surged, raising fears that a nascent economic recovery may reverse. Just hours after imposing tougher measures on swathes of northern England, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that casinos, bowling alleys and skating rinks, due to reopen on Saturday, would remain shut for at least two more weeks. “The UK’s move away from further easing of lockdowns… put bullish sentiment on the back foot, and further reduced the desire to move back into stocks at month end,” said Chris Beauchamp, chief market analyst at IG. The FTSE 100 ended down 1.5% after having gained as much as 1.7% during the… Read full this story
- Uber plans to sign up 20,000 more drivers in UK as lockdown easing boosts trips
- Lockdown easing: Decision on June 21 today - What does data say? 4 key tests to watch for
- Foreign holidays hopes for fully vaccinated Britons amid lockdown easing delay
- Covid lockdown eases: Celebrations as pub gardens and shops reopen
- Covid: Lockdown easing in England to be delayed by four weeks
- Britons warned UK unlikely to ease Covid travel restrictions before start of August
- Covid: Why does lockdown easing vary in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?
- 4 ways lockdown easing delay could affect your money – your refund rights explained
- COVID-19: England lockdown easing delayed until 19 July as Delta variant cases rise
- COVID-19: Indian coronavirus variant could cause 'serious disruption' to lockdown easing in June, PM says
UPDATE 2-FTSE 100 slides as UK postpones lockdown easing have 308 words, post on www.reuters.com at July 31, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.