At least a dozen Twitter accounts belonging to the world’s most wealthy and influential people were taken over Wednesday in an unprecedented attack on the platform designed to promote a suspected cryptocurrency scam. The culprits, as yet, are unknown. Joe Biden, Bill Gates, Barack Obama, Apple, Uber, Kanye West, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Wiz Khalifa, and even Kim Kardashian West saw their accounts tell hundreds of millions of followers to send Bitcoin money to a certain wallet address if they wanted to see their money doubled in a giveaway of up to $10 million. “I am giving back to my fans. All Bitcoin sent to my address below will be sent back doubled. I am only doing a maximum of $10,000,000. bc1qxy2kgdygjrsqtzq2n0yrf2493p83kkfjhx0wlh. Only going on for 30 minutes!” the tweets read. Musk’s account, which has been the victim of imitators hawking Bitcoin wallets before, sent three tweets promoting this one and replied once to Bill Gates. People sent almost $110,000 to the account listed within a couple hours of the fraudulent tweets going up, according to The Verge. According to Twitter, the hackers used employees’ corporate accounts to gain access to internal tools with vast capabilities. The hijackers used “social engineering,”… Read full this story
- Startup stock exchange that received $3 million from the public gets new investor, boss
- Blockchain stock exchange that received $3 million loan from public gets new investor, boss
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Analysts see more seats slipping away from GOP … NEW generic ballots out
- Two months out of office, Barack Obama is having a post-presidency like no other
- Oil prices dip as demand outlook dims; Iran sanctions provide some support
- Sergio Ramos hits back at Jurgen Klopp over Mohamed Salah shoulder injury
‘Unprecedented’ Twitter Hack Ensnares Joe Biden, Kanye West and Others in Bitcoin Scam have 284 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.