WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump warned on Tuesday that the “nasty horrible'” coronavirus will get worse in the U.S. before it gets better, but he also tried to paint a rosy picture of efforts to conquer the disease that has claimed more than 140,000 American lives in just five months.He also professed a newfound respect for the protective face masks he has seldom worn. He pulled one from his pocket in the White House briefing room but didn’t put it on.After a three-month hiatus from his freewheeling daily virus briefings, Trump returned to the podium, keeping the stage to himself without the public health experts who were staples of his previous events but keeping close to scripted remarks prepared by aides.Besides declaring support for masks as a way to fight the pandemic, he admonished young people against crowding bars and spreading the disease.It all marked a delayed recognition by Trump that the economic reopening he’s been championing since April – and, more importantly, his reelection – were imperiled by spiking cases nationwide. There were no guarantees how long Trump’s more measured tone, delivered with an eye to halting a campaign-season erosion of support, would last. Along the way Tuesday, the president… Read full this story
- Carlos Beltran still limited by knee injury at Mets spring training, but says he's getting better
- Trump says Ukraine and China should investigate Bidens — live updates
- Trump Says He and Kim Jong Un ‘Fell In Love,’ Wrote ‘Beautiful Letters’
- Donald Trump says 'better' NAFTA deal won't lead to isolation
- LeBron James blasts 'bum' Donald Trump, says White House visit an honor 'until you showed up'
- Trump Says He's an 'Absolute No' on Puerto Rico Statehood Until He Likes Their Officials Better
- Trump Says He's Not Worried About Paul Manafort Talking to the Feds. Good Luck With That
- Timeline of health care reform: Things may get worse before they gets better
- When Donald Trump Says 'It's a Scary Time For Young Men In America,' He Means Young White Men
- Greeting Chinese president, Trump says he expects progress on North Korea
Trump says virus in US will get worse before it gets better have 341 words, post on health.economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 22, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.