The Nhieu Loc-Thi Nghe Canal was once seriously contaminated and considered a “dead canal” back in the 1950s, but was revitalised following a World Bank -funded clean-up project Under a programme to reduce environmental pollution in the 2016-20 period, HCM City aims to reduce surface water pollution by 90%, according to the department. In recent years, the city has dredged rivers and canals and has urged residents not to discharge waste into canals. A recent water test at 21 locations throughout the Sai Gon – Dong Nai river system showed that all water samples met the standards set by the department. Sampled water at areas such as the Nhieu Loc – Thi Nghe canal also indicated improved quality. However, canals and rivers that lie between various provinces and regions still show signs of heavy microbiological pollution, oxygen depletion and other problems. In addition, waterways throughout the city are suffering from thousands of tonnes of waste and large amounts of untreated wastewater. Though the city has heavily invested in canal protection every year, water quality is not expected to improve until public awareness of environmental protection improves, experts have said. Manufacturers in the city have implemented environmental treatment solutions, but they are mostly small-scale and ineffective, according to the… Read full this story
- Septic crackdown aims to reduce water pollution from nitrogen that feeds algal blooms
- Bill fines water polluters; funds Florida springs, Everglades, Indian River Lagoon restoration
- We must reduce air pollution in London for the sake of our health
- Plant would treat coal mine water polluting Belt Creek
- Class B biosolids: DEP discusses water pollution from human waste spread on farmland
- These are the biggest water challenges facing the world today
- Treasure Coast officials hope Legislature will help fund water projects in 2019 session
- Freshest ways to beat air pollution
- India Finally Has Plan to Fight Air Pollution. Environmentalists Are Wary.
- Which cities face most, least air pollution according to new WHO data
HCM City aims to reduce water pollution by 90% have 311 words, post on english.vov.vn at July 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.