LONDON: Britain will end coronavirus quarantines for people arriving in England from more than 50 countries, including Germany, France, Spain and Italy – but not the United States – the government said on Friday (Jul 3). The move, effective July 10, clears the way for millions of British tourists to take summer holidays without worrying about being quarantined when they return. Those arriving from higher risk countries will still have to self-quarantine for 14 days under a rule which has angered airlines and travel companies. Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s government had debated for days how to ease the quarantine rules. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, which set their own health policies within the United Kingdom, have not announced plans to lift the measures. “Today marks the next step in carefully reopening our great nation,” Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said. READ: Commentary: As coronavirus lockdown eases, Boris Johnson’s UK is more isolated than ever As the spread of the novel coronavirus slows in Europe, countries are reopening travel after more than three months of lockdown. Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Japan are included, as are Caribbean tourist destinations such as the Bahamas and Barbados, but popular holiday destination Portugal was not… Read full this story
- io9’s 50 Scariest Movies Of All Time: 21-30
- Watch England vs Sweden at the World Cup 2018 quarter-final in Samara with flights and accommodation for under £500
- England lose to Germany on penalties in European U21 Championship semi-final
- India vs England Highlights, 2nd Test, Day 4: Clinical England Thrash India By An Innings And 159 Runs
- What are the lyrics to New Order’s World in Motion, what’s the John Barnes England rap about and how was Keith Allen involved?
- Scrap management tough as firms unwilling to cooperate
- Yorkshire offers history and hikes plus Hols From £9.50 deals for British holidays
- India vs England: Rohit Sharma Calls For Calm, Fans' Support After Batting Disaster At Lord's
- May will scrap third vote on Brexit deal unless it has ‘realistic’ chance
- How to have an awesome spring break right here in New England
England scraps quarantine for 50 countries - but not US have 332 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at July 3, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.