President Donald Trump warned on Tuesday that the “nasty horrible’” coronavirus will get worse in the U.S. before it gets better, but he also tried to paint a rosy picture of efforts to conquer the disease that has claimed more than 140,000 American lives in just five months.He also professed a newfound respect for the protective face masks he has seldom worn. He pulled one from his pocket in the White House briefing room but didn’t put it on.After a three-month hiatus from his freewheeling daily virus briefings, Trump returned to the podium, keeping the stage to himself without the public health experts who were staples of his previous events but keeping close to scripted remarks prepared by aides.Besides declaring support for masks as a way to fight the pandemic, he admonished young people against crowding bars and spreading the disease.Click here for full Covid-19 coverageIt all marked a delayed recognition by Trump that the economic reopening he’s been championing since April — and, more importantly, his reelection — were imperiled by spiking cases nationwide.There were no guarantees how long Trump’s more measured tone, delivered with an eye to halting a campaign-season erosion of support, would last…. Read full this story
- Trump Admits Face Masks 'Have an Impact' and Says Pandemic 'Will Get Worse Before It Gets Better'
- There's no quality data showing hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine can help COVID-19 patients, scientists say
- Amy Klobuchar mocks Donald Trump for hydroxychloroquine use after her husband was treated with antimalarial drug
- Biden Promises 100 Million Covid-19 Vaccinations In First 100 Days, Warning That Trump’s Approach Would Take ‘Years’
- Donald Trump's WHO letter about China explained: An annotated timeline
- Today’s coronavirus news: Ontario reports 213 new cases, issues COVID-19 child care guidelines; Quebec announces vaccine passport
- Lindsey Graham Told Donald Trump to 'Speak Up' And Encourage Supporters to Get COVID-19 Vaccine
- Donald Trump confirms he’s had coronavirus test
- New COVID mutations could prolong pandemic for another year, despite vaccines
- Biden outside group goes all in on Latino voters to sell COVID-19 rescue package
Donald Trump says Covid-19 in US will get worse before it gets better have 337 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at July 22, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.