Pakistan has aligned itself closely with Chinese interests, which are at odds with US/Western interests in the region and beyond. This poses serious threats to regional and global security. (File) Amidst manoeuvrings of disengagement along the India-China border and the mechanics of a "two front" war becoming visible, it is vital to assess the China-Pak strategic partnership that has a bearing on national security beyond military matters. Despite being a key ally in the "War on Terror", Pakistan has aligned itself closely with Chinese interests, which are at odds with US/Western interests in the region and beyond. This poses serious threats to regional and global security. China's assessment of the threat from Af-Pak has not changed for decades. The joint communiqué issued at the end of July 7 China-Afghanistan-Pakistan Trilateral Strategic Dialogue states that, "The three sides agreed to continue to strengthen counter-terrorism and security cooperation, combat the East Turkistan Islamic Movement (ETIM), and all other terrorist forces and networks posing threats to our common security". China considers any build-up of Uzbek, Tajik and Uighur terrorist/extremist entities in Central Asia and Af-Pak as a direct threat. The threat of ISIS networks to China emanates from these foreign terrorist fighters and… Read full this story
- After taking control of Afghanistan, Taliban now 'desire' to join China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project
- Anniversary of 1965 War: Pakistan PM Slams India for Refusing a Peaceful Co-Existence
- Pakistan to Step Up Counter-terror Cooperation with China in Afghanistan: Pak Envoy
- Vietnam calls for increased counter-terrorism measures at UNSC briefing
- The Strategic Disconnect between India and US Has Been Revealed by Afghanistan
- 'India's greatest threat in Afghanistan is China'
- With Taliban in Afghanistan a Reality Now, What Lies Ahead for India, Pakistan, China, Taiwan, Russia?
- Modi, Putin discuss Afghanistan; India flags terror concern at BRICS, UNHRC
- India to take part in 17-nation exercise in Russia | India News - Times of India
- India, Russia have common position and approach on Afghanistan: Envoy Venkatesh Varma
Counter-terror alignment of China, Pakistan poses a threat to India’s interests have 326 words, post on indianexpress.com at July 16, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.