John Hewko is the general secretary and CEO of Rotary International. Rotary International is a founding partner of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative. Peter J. Hotez, M.D., Ph.D., is co-director of the Center for Vaccine Development at Texas Children’s Hospital and professor and dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine. He is the author of “Vaccines Did Not Cause Rachel’s Autism” (Johns Hopkins University Press). The opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the authors; view more opinion articles on CNN. (CNN)The world is desperate for a vaccine against coronavirus. If and when it is discovered, will the voices of the anti-vaccine movement tell their adherents to turn it down? If you asked this question of parents in the US in the 1950s, the response would likely be unequivocal. John Hewko Peter J. Hotez This is because of the fear that gripped a nation, fear caused by the lethal poliovirus. When the US polio epidemic was at its highest, the country reported more than 21,000 cases of paralysis, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and more than 3,000 lives were lost. Whereas today children — though in rare… Read full this story
- Now resign! Call for Britain's top homeopath to quit for backing anti-vaxxers' claims that childhood jabs are unsafe in bizarre social media posts
- The War Drum: The Media and Mandatory Vaccinations
- The Fight Over Vaccines Is Older Than You Think
- Type 1 Diabetes Vaccine Shows Promise In Small Trial
- Vaccine fraud – The undeniable truth exposed
- IS THE EV-D68 VIRUS BEING DELIVERED THROUGH THE POLIO VACCINE? – NINE CHILDREN WITH EV-D68 DEVELOP “POLIO-LIKE” PARALYSIS
- France Just Made Childhood Vaccinations Mandatory—Should The U.S. Follow?
- Navigating vaccine hesitancy: What can the physician do?
- Every Parent Needs To Know These Medical Facts About Vaccines And Autism
- Measles Hysteria: Why It’s Important to Understand the Anti-Vaccine Argument
Will a Covid-19 vaccine signal an end to the anti-vaccine movement? have 312 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 1, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.