There can be no question that, as of its halfway point, 2020 has been the most trying, tragic, lamentable and downright unfortunate year most of us have ever experienced. This fact renders the creation of such ephemera as film and television best-lists even more trivial than usual, especially as cinemas were shutting down by March. But on the other hand, the staggering amount of filmed material — old and new, foreign and domestic — along with the enforced stay-at-home circumstances we’re all still experiencing has offered up more opportunities to sample all sorts of fare one might never have had the time or inclination to check out before. This is one of the few consolations for, and escapes from, of our present earthly predicament. Related Story Todd McCarthy: Re-Appreciating Spike Lee’s ‘Do The Right Thing’, And Re-Evaluating Peter Sellers Very few people will disagree with my jaundiced opinion of the films that were released in 2020 before the Coronavirus Curtain came down 3 1/2 months ago. Bad Boys for Life, the entertaining box office champ of the year as things stand, was at least a welcome improvement over what Michael Bay used to unload on us. But have you even… Read full this story
- Todd McCarthy: The Best Films Of 2020 So Far Amid The New World Disorder
- Todd McCarthy: The Indoor Sports Of 2020
- NOW TV: 7 best films and TV shows coming to streaming platform in March
- Todd McCarthy: Re-Appreciating Spike Lee’s ‘Do The Right Thing’, And Re-Evaluating Peter Sellers
- Todd McCarthy: Mathieu Demy Has Films (And TV) In His Blood
- Todd McCarthy On Clint Eastwood Turning 90 Today
- The Best Movies and TV Shows New to Netflix, Amazon and Stan in Australia in November
- Desperate hunt to find ‘hundreds’ of passengers recently arrived from South Africa amid new Covid variant fears
- Chuck Todd Brings Meet The Press Film Festival To L.A., Showcasing Short Docs On “The Most Consequential Issues Of Our Time”
- Movies coming to Netflix June 2020: What movies are coming to Netflix in June?
Todd McCarthy: The Best Films Of 2020 So Far Amid The New World Disorder have 325 words, post on deadline.com at June 29, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.