With his father, who is a cardiac patient, and two kids back home in Kerala, Sreejesh admitted that it was tough to keep away negative thoughts during the lockdown period but he channelised his energy by reading – American Olympian triathlete Joanna Zeiger’s ‘The Champions Mindset – An Athlete’s Guide to Mental Toughness’. “It was really tough as our lifestyle changed completely. The main thing was to strike a balance in your thoughts. My father is a heart patient and I have two kids — daughter who is 6 and a son who is 3. So I was more worried about their health since the two are in high risk age groups,” Sreejesh told PTI. “On one side I was feeling homesick and on the other I didn’t want to risk them by going home because there were chances of contracting the virus while travelling. Coronavirus in sports: Indian Hockey Teams delighted to meet families but hard-work continues “So I got involved into reading for peace. I read a lot during the lockdown, from fiction, non-fiction to motivational books. These helped me to think differently. The Champions Mindset is a book that I read again.” The book is written by… Read full this story
- More students seek help for mental health
- Campaigner Ruth Fox determined to keep helping fellow mental health sufferers
- NHS to prescribe 800 calorie a day ‘liquid diet’ to help patients beat diabetes
- How reading can help cure loneliness
- How pets improve mental health issues, from depression to PTSD
- Christmas Books: The best celebrity memoirs of 2018
- The best reads of 2018: Our critics name their top picks
- Q&A: Struggling with mental health is hard enough; finding help shouldn’t be
- Half of millennials and 75% of Gen Zers have left their job for mental health reasons
- When screens are more appealing than books, we need to teach children how to be 'biliterate'
Lockdown days: Reading motivational books helped Sreejesh keep mental balance have 303 words, post on www.mykhel.com at June 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.