Boris Johnson today slammed beachgoers for ‘taking too many liberties’ and turning packed seasides into hotbeds of violence as families again headed to the coast to enjoy the last day of the mini-heatwave with 82F (28C) highs – before thunder and rainstorms sweep in tonight. The Prime Minister warned of a ‘serious spike’ in coronavirus infections in the UK if people do not follow social distancing guidance before lockdown restrictions are eased further in just over a week’s time on July 4. But many ignored his advice with a week of blazing sunshine due to end today, with thunderstorms and downpours sweeping into the UK along with lightning, hail, flooding and up to 2in (50mm) of rain in an hour. Beaches across the country were packed with sun-seekers yesterday, but visitors returning to the seaside today came in smaller numbers, as beaches seemed quieter after yesterday’s heatwave. Beaches including Southend-on-Sea in Essex and West Wittering in West Sussex were again busy today, but visitor numbers in Bournemouth were well down – with some local cafes and bars appearing to be closed following the carnage yesterday, which ended in three men in their 20s being stabbed on the beach just before… Read full this story
- Piers Morgan news: ‘Safe option’ Ben Shephard set to replace GMB presenter on ITV show as fans beg ex-host to return
- Brits soak up last hours of sun before Arctic snap sees temperatures plunge by 10C with SNOW coming for Easter Monday
- Coronavirus news UK update – EU in dramatic vaccine war climbdown after Boris blockade warning
- Will Greensill lobby scandal turn Heir to Blair into Dodgy Dave?
- Covid lockdown a year on: How March 2020 went from complacency to chaos, day by day
- Lockdown roadmap dates: Everything that will reopen on April 12, May 17 and June 21
- Alexander Litvinenko inquiry: Recap report that revealed details of ex-KGB agent's death
Boris begs Brits to behave: PM slams beachgoers for 'taking liberties' after packed seasides turned into hotbeds of violence and sparked major incident yesterday - but threat of rain sees sunseekers exercise a little more caution today have 305 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 26, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.