Banks will offer collateral-free loans amounting to Rs 3 lakh crore rupees to small and medium businesses as part of the first round of the relief package announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Wednesday. PM Modi, who had promised a Rs 20 lakh crore (Rs 20 trillion) in his televised address to the nation a day earlier, said the announcements made will go a long way in addressing issues faced by businesses, particularly medium and small enterprises that have been considered the bedrock of the Indian economy.“The steps announced will boost liquidity, empower the entrepreneurs and strengthen their competitive spirit,” PM Modi saidA big part of Wednesday’s announcement focused on small and medium enterprises that will be entitled to get unsecured loans till October 31. This will be available to units with upto Rs 25 crore outstanding and turnover of up to Rs 100 crore.She told reporters the government aims to help 4.5 million businesses by October.Sitharaman will be back tomorrow with more announcements for other sectors.“We have a responsibility toward the poor, the needy, the migrants and the disabled,” Sitharaman said, in the first of several daily press conferences on the 15-point package.“Essentially this… Read full this story
- Elgar case: Draft charges cite ‘plot to kill PM Modi’
- Modi meets Portuguese PM, discusses broader roadmap for strengthening bilateral relations
- India's responsibility to keep reminding the world of the abiding relevance of Mahatma Gandhi: PM
- Citizenship law & NRC have nothing to do with Indian Muslims: PM Narendra Modi
- 'Pakistan has called Modi's bluff'
- Candle lit for debt relief's unfinished business
- PM’s rally an election stunt, says Congress
- ‘Plot to kill Modi’ in draft charges against 19 Elgar accused
- Will be great if Modi, Khan can 'work something' on Kashmir: Trump
- Modi says budget will empower downtrodden, Cong slams it as insipid
Will go a long way, says PM Modi on round one of Covid-19 relief package have 294 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.